Saturday, November 7, 2015

Strobe Cosmetics Freak Show Palette Swatches and Review


I finally tried out a new company!  I know since I've been starting indies, I've been stuck on the same few companies for the past few years.  However, I've been perusing Instagram and noticed Strobe Cosmetics because of this beautiful palette.  The carnival theme and packaging appealed to me.  It was $25 and a little more than what I usually spend so I held off.  I held off for awhile.  They had a discount awhile back for some major holiday so I took advantage of that.

It shipped a few days later and I tried it out immediately.  After swatching, I've used this palette a handful of times mainly for the dark brown shade to darken my outer corners for eye looks on busy days.  I only swatched these over regular non-sticky primer because that's how I usually apply pressed powders.




Twisty
Twisty:  satin berry




Strongman
Strongman:  shimmery rosey taupe




Monsters Among Us
Monsters Among Us:  dark plum base with green duochrome




Conjoined
Conjoined:  shimmery champagne




Bearded Lady
Bearded Lady:  satin red brown


Twisty, Strongman, Monsters Among Us, Conjoined, Bearded Lady

The texture and pigmentation of these shadows are good.  The different shades can definitely be used to create many looks.  Like I've said before, I've mainly been using Bearded Lady to darken up looks.  It's a lot easier to pick up this palette when I need a dark color than to sift through dozens of unused eyeshadow samples for one.  Strobe Cosmetics just released another palette inspired by the Hotel season of American Horror Story.  I don't know whether or not I'll be picked up that palette, but I did enjoy this one.

- Jolie ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment