Thursday, November 19, 2015

Dawn Eyes Cosmetics Fall & Halloween and Christmas 2015 Collection Swatches


Welcome back, everyone!  I feel like it's been forever since I did a post on Dawn Eyes Cosmetics, but they are a company I really like!  They usually stay under the radar and don't release quite as often, so it's easy to forget about them.  However, they recently came back and released a whopping THREE new collections!  I only have two of them in this post because I just received the third one yesterday and haven't gotten to swatching it.  

DEC released the Fall/Halloween and Christmas collections around the same time and I was really excited because those seasons are my jam.  I love jewel toned shades that come with fall and Halloween and LOVE holiday colors because Christmas is my favorite holiday.  I hope you enjoy these colors as much as I do!

Pictures taken under daylight bulb and swatched over ELF Glitter Primer (top/left half) and ELF Essential Primer (bottom/right half)


Fall & Halloween 2015

Golden Leaves
Golden Leaves:  shimmery light peach




Fearless
Fearless:  medium pink with gold sparkles; patchy over regular primer, sticky base is recommended




The Great Pumpkin
The Great Pumpkin:  rust with blue duochrome




Folly
Folly:  beautiful metallic rose taupe




The Witching Hour
The Witching Hour:  plum with blue and pink sparkles


Golden Leaves, Fearless, The Great Pumpkin, Folly, The Witching Hour




The First Frost
The First Frost:  silvery blue with blue and pink microshimmers




Sleet
Sleet:  light teal with copper shimmers and blue glitter




The Gloaming
The Gloaming:  blue toned charcoal with silver sheen and copper shimmer




Fall Fading
Fall Fading:  metallic olive green with gold and blue sparkles




Hobgoblin
Hobgoblin:  beautiful blackened green with gold sparkles and red shimmers


The First Frost, Sleet, The Gloaming, Fall Fading, Hobgoblin


Christmas 2015


Christmas Lights
Christmas Lights:  metallic silver with holographic microshimmers




Tree Topper
Tree Topper:  metallic warm gold




Island of Misfit Toys
Island of Misfit Toys:  bronze with red and gold microshimmers




Peppermint & Sugarplums
Peppermint & Sugarplums:  pale pink with red sparkles




Sweet Cider
Sweet Cider:  beautiful satin rose champagne with blue sheen.  This seems a bit similar to Notoriously Morbid's mistake shadow "Lockridge Found".  I'm interested in swatching them together since that shadow isn't available for purchase.


Christmas Lights, Tree Topper, Island of Misfit Toys, Peppermint & Sugarplums, Sweet Cider




Crackling Fire
Crackling Fire:  metallic pink with gold sparkles




Mistletoe
Mistletoe: beautiful berry red with green sparkles




We Three Kings
We Three Kings:  dark purple with blue sheen and rainbow sparkles




Polar Vortex
Polar Vortex:  shimmery light blue




Douglas Fir
Douglas Fir:  shimmery green with gold and blue shimmers


Crackling Fire, Mistletoe, We Three Kings, Polar Vortex, Douglas Fir

As you can see, all the shadows in the Christmas collection are very reminiscent of metallic holiday colors and I LOVE them!  The names definitely get me in the holiday spirit and I've already started buying Christmas decorations and humming the songs.  I can't wait to start wearing these shades because they're so festive!  If only I weren't such a homebody and got invited to actual Christmas parties...

- Jolie ♥

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jolie!! Love your blog! I wanted to ask you if you will be swatching the new stuff from Dawn Eyes Cosmetics? I needed to order some shadows and saw new stuff so I wanted to see first before I order. Thank you! Keep up the good work!😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the support, Heather! I received the new collection in the mail a few days ago but haven't had the chance to swatch it yet. It will be coming though and I'm so glad my swatches are helpful! ♥

      Delete