Thursday, July 2, 2015

Notoriously Morbid A Sinister Set Swatches!


I'm definitely in a blogging mood today!  Got off work early, took a much needed nap, and now I'm a bit more revitalized :)  My favorite indie brand, Notoriously Morbid recently started a mini series based on musicians.  Each set will have three eyeshadows collectively called Tribute Trios and will have individual collection names based on the musician.  

The first set is based on Rob Zombie; I'm not familiar with his work, but I didn't want to pass up any great NM shadows.  Unfortunately, I was napping when it was released and woke up half an hour later with it being out of stock (I believe it sold out within minutes!).  I was mourning my loss when an amazing member of NM's Facebook group told me she bought two sets and asked if I wanted to buy one from her.  Obviously I jumped at the chance and was extremely grateful for the offer!  I consider myself extremely lucky because when these limited edition sets sell out, they're gone for good.  Anyway, I'll stop rambling and get on with the swatches :)

Pictures taken under daylight bulb and swatched over Notoriously Morbid's Shadow Bind (top/left half) and ELF Essential Primer (bottom/right half)


Durango 95
Durango 95:  gray base with pink sheen




Cemetery Things
Cemetery Things:  crocodile green with blue sparkles and pink microshimmers




Paper Demons
Paper Demons:  shimmery burgundy with gold shimmers


Durango 95, Cemetery Things, Paper Demons

These all had nice pigmentation over regular primer, but the standout was Cemetery Things over a sticky base.  The pink microshimmers really looked beautiful and unique over the cool toned shadow and I can't wait to showcase it in a look.  It's a shame I'm not familiar with the songs because understanding the references would have made it more special.  I'm still really glad I was able to get my hands on this set though, it makes a great addition to my already huge NM collection.

- Jolie ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment