Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Corvus Cosmetics Westerburg Collection Swatches


Hey everyone!  Today I have Corvus Cosmetics' Westerburg collection swatches for you.  It's inspired by the cult classic Heathers.  I actually never watched Heathers despite everyone telling me how good it was.  Well, I had time off one day and decided to watch it on Netflix since this was coming up in my swatch schedule.

Well.  It was good.  It was really funny and dark and Christian Bale was super hunky *_*  ANYWAY, it's good that I watched the movie before doing this review because I finally understood the references.  Too bad it's such a risque movie that some of the funnier quotes couldn't make it in.  Oh well, onto the swatches!

Pictures taken under daylight bulb and swatched over ELF Glitter Primer (top/left half) and ELF Essential Primer (bottom/right half)


Spew Red, White and Blue
Spew Red, White and Blue:  pigmented white with blue and pink sparkles





Is That Pate?
Is That Pate?: satin hazelwood with silver sheen




Stud Puppy
Stud Puppy: gorgeous milk chocolate with gold sparkles




What's Your Damage?
What's Your Damage?: satin dried blood red, darker over sticky base.  I found this similar to Berenice, but I haven't swatched them side by side yet.




Chaos Killed the Dinosaurs
Chaos Killed the Dinosaurs: beautiful dark brown with pink and gold sparkles, like Gingerbread Haus' older sister.


Spew Red White and Blue, Is that Pate?, Stud Puppy, What's Your Damage?, Chaos Killed the Dinosaurs



Moby Dick
Moby Dick:  satin gray with silver shimmers




MTV Video Games
MTV Video Games:  bright lime with gold shimmers




Myriad
Myriad:  dark green with tons of gold and green sparkles, and red shimmers




BS With a Body Count
BS With a Body Count:  spruce blue base with teal sheen




Teenage Suicide, Don't Do It
Teenage Suicide, Don't Do It:  pigmented and soft/smooth matte black


Moby Dick, MTV Video Games, Myriad, BS With a Body Count, Teenage Suicide Don't Do It

This was a cool collection with some nice colors, the formula of the shadows was Corvus' standard.  If you don't know already, I love their formula as it's pigmented over bare skin and so soft.  Unfortunately, this collection doesn't resonate with me as much as the others in their catalog so I'm not too excited about it ^_^;;  It's probably only because I've only watched Heathers once and haven't developed a huge affinity for it yet.

Corvus recently released two new collections, a five shadow palette inspired by rosy shades and another bigger one inspired by various mermaids.  I've swatched them on my blog recently, so if you're interested, check those out!

- Jolie ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment