Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Innocent + Twisted Alchemy June 2015 Subscription Swatches


Today's the last day of June, which means I have only a few hours left to write up several June related posts (curse my procrastination!).  I have the swatches of Innocent + Twisted Alchemy's June subscription box.  This is a very special month for I+T because the theme is based on a character the owner, Linda, created and the label art is all hand drawn and extremely beautiful.  The box includes four mini eyeshadows, one highlighter, and two samples from other companies.

Pictures taken in daylight and swatched over ELF Glitter Primer (top/left half) and ELF Essential Primer (bottom/right half)


Voiceless
Voiceless:  pink with gold sparkles




Breaking Down
Breaking Down:  purple with green sheen and gold glitter




Ethereal's Tears
Ethereal's Tears:  blue with green sheen, rainbow shimmers, and silver sparkles.  I can't help but like this name (and the character it was inspired by) a lot because her name is Ethereal and it reminds me of my blog :)




Divine
Divine:  ocean green with red sparkles




Glow
Glow:  pale ivory highlighter with slight pink sheen.  This was swatched heavily over bare skin to show off the color.




Bronzer
Bronzer:  sheer bronze with slight red sheen.  This was a bronzer sample from Dark Heart Designs and also swatched over bare skin.  I swatched it heavily and it's a good thing I did because it matches my skin tone pretty well.




Mermaid Tears
Mermaid Tears:  absolutely beautiful emerald green with gold sparkles.  This was an exclusive eyeshadow created by Uponaworld Cosmetics who I've had the pleasure of reviewing and can vouch for their great eyeshadow formula.  I love greens, I love Uponaworld's formula, and I love this shadow.


Voiceless, Breaking Down, Ethereal's Tears, Divine, Glow, Bronzer, Mermaid Tears

While I do love the box and the label art, I'm not exactly sure how I feel about it as a whole.  I don't think the colors go together well, so you might have to pull out some other colors in your stash to complete an eye look.  That said, I think I+T's eyeshadow formula is great and pigmented even over regular primer and I especially love the inclusion of Uponaworld's beautiful Mermaid Tears.  I also realized that most of the eyeshadows are pretty new to my collection because I don't often go for shades like those, but I'm excited to try them out and step out of my comfort zone.

- Jolie ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment