Saturday, May 9, 2015

Howl Cosmetics Swatches and First Impression!


Hi everyone!  Today I'll be showing some products from newly opened indie company Howl Cosmetics.  I discovered this brand from the subreddit /r/IMAM and they had a small discount code for their grand opening.  I picked up samples of their eyeshadows and lipsticks.  Currently, their shop is closed until summer so the owner can catch up to orders and restock products.  The owner generously included samples of her blushes in my order as well, so this is a review of almost all the products they carry (barring their clear lip balms).  When my order arrived, I was very impressed with the packaging.  All the samples are packaged in little cardboard slots with quotes printed on the back.  I thought it was a very nice touch and showed how much the brand cares about their image.  Included in my order were some wildflower seeds as well, which I hope to plant soon.

Pictures taken under daylight and swatched over ELF Glitter Primer (top/left half) and ELF Essential Primer (bottom/right half)


Wildflower seeds packaging




Sample baggie packaging




Northerly
Northerly:  pink with gold and pink shimmers




Easterly
Easterly:  mauve with gold sparkles




Westerly
Westerly:  pigmented rosewood with gold shimmers




Southerly
Southerly:  dark brown with gold shimmers.  The swatch picture is so blurry because it's actually cropped from the group shot.  Somehow, I forgot to take a picture of Southerly and missed it through the whole process.




Polaris
Polaris:  pale pink with strong blue sheen




Sirius
Sirius:  denim with pink shimmers




Arcturus
Arcturus:  plum with strong blue duochrome




Rigil
Rigil:  charcoal with silver sparkles

Northerly, Easterly, Westerly, Southerly, Polaris, Sirius, Arcturus, Rigil




East of the Sun
East of the Sun:  matte rose with red microshimmer




West of the Moon
West of the Moon:  matte hot pink with silver microshimmer




Nerve
Nerve:  pigmented magenta.  I applied this with my fingers so it's most likely a lot more sheer than if you were to apply it straight from the bullet.  I think it's a very pretty color and would consider buying a full size if I knew what eye looks look good with a cool toned lip haha.




Risk
Risk:  bright pigmented scarlet.  Applied with my fingers as well and still retains its brightness.




Lionheart
Lionheart:  matte carmine.  Applied with fingers and I suspect it'd be more dark when applied from the bullet.  This is the shade I'd most likely pick up in full size mainly because I love reds!

East of the Sun, West of the Moon, Nerve, Risk, Lionheart
Overall, Howl released a solid range of products and I'm very impressed.  I especially love their eyeshadow formula because its so light but also pigmented.  I've used almost all the shades and the standouts to me are Easterly, Polaris, and Arcturus - the duochrome in the latter two are beautiful.  Once Howl reopens, I strongly recommend at least picking up some samples from the shop!

- Jolie ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment