Saturday, April 4, 2015

Notoriously Morbid March 2015 Vanishing Cabinet - Gods Be Good Swatches


Once again, I'm late with my post; what's new, eh?  Today I have swatches of Notoriously Morbid's March Vanishing Cabinet "Gods Be Good".  It's inspired by the popular book series "A Song of Ice and Fire" and corresponding TV show "Game of Thrones".  I've been watching GoT for awhile and while I'm not a huge, huge fan, it's still entertaining to watch.  This month includes five shadows, one face highlighter, and a sample shadow from another indie company!


Pictures taken in daylight and swatched over NM Shadow Bind (top/left half) and ELF Essential Primer (bottom/right half)

Lover's Sigh
Lover's Sigh:  lavender with pink sheen




Fire Bright
Fire Bright:  shimmery wine.  This one is very pigmented and beautiful all over the lid.




With Sword and Shield
With Sword and Shield:  light olive green with green and red shimmers




Fates Unfold
Fates Unfold:  plum shadow with strong green duochrome.  This is my undisputed favorite, it's absolutely stunning.  You guys know I'm a sucker for greens or anything with a strong green sheen.  It's been getting a lot of love from bloggers and customers, so I'm hoping it gets made permanent!




Stern and Strong
Stern and Strong:  gorgeous gray base with red and green shimmers with strong pink sheen.  It seems to be a lot going on in the shadow based on the description, but they actually mesh together wonderfully.  I really love shades like these and I like that there's barely a difference using a sticky base vs a regular primer.




Gift of Life
Gift of Life:  shimmery gold highlighter.  I swatched this heavily over no primer, but it can definitely be sheered out.  I compared it to NM's discontinued highlighter, Elizabeth's Burden, and found out GoL is more pigmented and gold compared to EB, whereas EB had a slight ivory base to it.  I love them both equally and I'm happy to share that due to the love it's gotten, it will be renamed and added to an unreleased permanent collection.




Kingslayer
Kingslayer:  shimmery pale chiffon with strong golden sheen.  This is a sample from Geek Chic Cosmetics, another company I also enjoy.  The shade is very beautiful and feminine.

Daylight:  Lover's Sigh, Fire Bright, With Sword and Shield, Fates Unfold, Stern and Strong, Gift of Life, Kingslayer

Bonus EotDs!

With Sword and Shield (inner corner), Fates Unfold (lid), Stern and Strong (outer corner and crease) all over Shadow Bind

Lover's Sigh (inner corner), Fire Bright (lid), Hearts of Black Lace (outer corner and crease) all over Shadow Bind

I hope you enjoyed this collection as much as I did!  All the shadows had a wonderful texture and the highlighter was just beautiful.  NM is taking a one month break from the VC and has suspended all payments until then.  They recently launched their new website complete with new lip glosses and lipsticks!  I already made my order and excited for them to arrive :)  The website looks very clean and it allows you to make an account with wishlists, so I definitely urge you to check it out!

- Jolie ♥

4 comments:

  1. Oooh! These look gorgeous! Heading to the website now! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This month was definitely great! Unfortunately, you'd have to subscribe to the Vanishing Cabinet and the wait list seems to be rather long. They do put up overstocks of VC items though, so if you're lucky, some of your favorites may be on the shop later on :) There are some beauties in the regular line though, so I would definitely check them out anyway.

      Delete
  2. Love the looks you put together! Very pretty on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Heather! It's easy when the shadows themselves are so gorgeous :)

      Delete