Friday, March 13, 2015

Innocent + Twisted Alchemy March 2015 Subscription Swatches


I have swatches of Innocent + Twisted Alchemy's March 2015 subscription for you today!  I was pretty excited for this box because Linda said it was inspired by Mirror's Edge.  I haven't actually played the game, but I'm aware of the concept and the theme song (Still Alive by Lisa Miskovsky).  It seems like a really fun game and I'd like to play it someday.  Anyway, we got three shadows from I+TA and samples from other companies as usual.

Pictures taken in daylight and swatched over Notoriously Morbid Shadow Bind (left) and ELF Essential Primer (right)


Leap of Faith
Leap of Faith:  shimmery silver




Critical Objective!
Critical Objective!:  gorgeous golden yam




Runner Vision
Runner Vision:  bright blue with gold and red sparkles

Daylight:  Leap of Faith, Critical Objective!, Runner Vision



Other Samples

Pasty Ass
Pasty Ass:  matte taupe sample from My Pretty Zombie.  I've gotta admit, the name made me chuckle, yet it's not actually that pasty.  I've been wanting to try My Pretty Zombie for awhile so I'm glad I got a sample in this box.  The texture was pretty pigmented and soft for a matte and seemed to blend well.




The Boy Who Lived
The Boy Who Lived:  pretty olive gold sample from Brija Cosmetics.  The texture of this shadow was so buttery and amazing.  I haven't heard much of Brija, but my friend at The Indie Makeup Blog did a great review of the Harry Potter collection in her post here.  She has some amazing swatches and takes great pictures as well, so check out the rest of her blog :P  




Adorned
Adorned:  gorgeous sparkly dusty rose with gold sparkles from Darling Girl Cosmetics.  I haven't had a chance to try Darling Girl yet but I'm in love with this shade.  It's utterly beautiful and leaves me speechless.  I was very tempted to call it a marsala sort of tone, but it's not quite brown enough.  Nonetheless, I'd definitely recommend this shade and I'll be keeping a steady eye for sales from Darling Girl.




The Shard
The Shard:  beautiful sapphire blue with silver sparkles from Corvus Cosmetics.  They're an up-and-coming indie brand that I've really grown to love.  This shade is super pretty and reminds me of Urania from their permanent Mouseia collection, albeit with different color sparkles.  Unfortunately, this shade is exclusive for this box, so I'll have to ration this sample like crazy.




Namira
Namira:  matte charcoal with pink and blue sparkles from Detrivore Cosmetics.  Detrivore is famous for their matte shadows and this one has sparkles, but still has a matte base.  While it is more pigmented over a sticky base, it still performs quite well over regular primer.  It doesn't seem so in my swatch, but I've used it in two eye looks already to darken my outer v and it performs wonderfully.

Daylight:  Pasty Ass, The Boy Who Lived, Adorned, The Shard, Namira

The box was pretty nice this month; admittedly, I liked last month's box a lot more.  There are a lot of mid-toned shades this month (including the ones from other companies) and I only have one shadow in the bunch to deepen my looks.  I have absolutely no complaints about the formulas though, all of them performed well and would be a dream to use.  I am a little disappointed that a red wasn't included for the Mirror's Edge theme, but Linda didn't want to include one because the February box already had a red.  Honestly, I wouldn't have minded getting a true red from I+T.  I don't have a lot of true reds in my collection and it would've been great to have one with their awesome formula.  It was still a nice box though, and I love the custom artwork Linda made for the label :)

- Jolie ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment