Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Corvus Cosmetics Kinder-und Hausmärchen Collection Swatches


I have some exciting swatches for you today!  Corvus Cosmetics recently released their Kinder-und Hausmärchen collection, which is based off of classic Grimm fairy tales.  I'm actually a fan of the classic, non-Disney ones, since they are much more morbid and gruesome and the villains actually get what they deserve.  I've been a fan of Corvus ever since their inception and their owner, Noel, is such a funny girl!  The quality of the eyeshadows is superb and the themes so far are really up my alley.

Now their debut collection, Year 3000, based off of Futurama, ran into some copyright issues.  Instead of renaming the collection and hoping for the best, Noel decided to incorporate those shadows into Kinder-und Hausmärchen with different names.  Since I bought the whole Year 3000 collection when it was first released, I didn't buy them in this order.  Instead, I looked through every individual listing to find the new ones.  That made it ten times more fun because Noel actually put up the stories that inspired each shadow and they're extremely interesting to read!  (I literally just spent about ten minutes reading all the stories.)  I've swatched the new shades of the collection in this post, but for the other shades in the collection, feel free to refer to my first impression post here.  I also purchased the March CotM inspired by St. Patrick called "Banished", which is featured here as well.

Pictures taken in daylight and swatched over Notoriously Morbid Shadow Bind (top/left half) and ELF Essential Primer (bottom/right half)


Banished
Banished:  green with gold sparkles.  This is March's Color of the Month and inspired by the snakes that were banished from Ireland.  It's a lighter green that I normally wear, but I'm going to have fun incorporating this into a look!




The Devil Told You That
The Devil Told You That:  beautiful white with gold sheen.  This shade is so gorgeous!  I thought it was a matte white until I applied it.  It's very pigmented and would work so well in the inner corner.  Noel really has a knack for making pigmented pastels!




Gingerbread Haus
Gingerbread Haus:  gingerbread brown with pink sparkles.  Excuse my language, but holy fuck sparkles!  I'm pretty sure when I actually swatched it, I said, "Holy shit Noel!" because this is super pretty!  A few more expletives flew out of my mouth, but I think you got my point.  The pigmentation of this is amazing and the sparkles still adhere fairly well over regular primer.  I am going to love using this one.




Barely a Bite
Barely a Bite:  gorgeous rust red with strong green sheen.  Ughhh, I have a few similar shades in my collection, but I can never get enough of these.  Formula is amazing as well, pigmented and buttery.

Daylight:  Banished, The Devil Told You That, Gingerbread Haus, Barely a Bite


The Summer Garden
The Summer Garden:  beautiful marsala with gold and red microshimmers.  This one performs wonderfully over regular primer!  I'm so impressed with this pigmentation.  I haven't used it in an eye look yet, but I can't wait to put it in my outer corner.




Bluebeard
Bluebeard:  beautiful shimmery sapphire blue.  This is the kind of blue I like!  While not as glowy, it still performs well over regular primer, so kudos for that!




Nightingale
Nightingale:  gorgeous aubergine with pink microshimmers.  This is another one that surprised me with how well it performed over regular primer.  Generally, darker shades blend out to almost nothing over primer, but these are different.




Three Ravens
Three Ravens:  shimmery blue-toned black.  This emulates a raven's shiny black feathers quite well and I don't have a black quite like this in my collection.

Daylight:  The Summer Garden, Bluebeard, Nightingale, Three Ravens

Overall, I'm super impressed with the Kinder-und Hausmärchen collection.  As I've said in my previous swatch post of their Mouseia collection, Corvus just keeps on improving their eyeshadow formula which each release!  The last collection saw some amazingly pigmented pastels, while this one has some amazingly pigmented dark shades.  I definitely notice an improvement compared with the Year 3000's dark shades where some definitely need a sticky base to work well.  I'm so excited to see more things from Corvus in the near future (hint hint - lipsticks!) and I love interacting with Noel as well!  I know I seem super happy and rave-y in this post; I swear I'm not sponsored, I just really love my order heheh.

- Jolie ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment