Thursday, January 29, 2015

Ipsy January 2015 - Fresh Start


New year, fresh start!  At least that's what Ipsy trying to preach with their bag this month.  I got five products this month, and my experience is 50-50.  I only like two products so far, and haven't tried one out yet, so I won't rule that out so quickly.

Mojito Lip Balm
Mojito Lip Balm:  This is a lip balm by Malin + Goetz.  I've never heard of this company before, but the lip balm is okay.  It's not too slick or oily, perfect for throwing in any purse for travel.




Exfoliating Peel Off Mask
Exfoliating Peel Off Mask:  This is a sample from Hey Honey, which I've never heard of either.  An exfoliating peel off mask sounds nice, but the one thing I hate about this sample is that they tell you to go on their website for directions.  Ain't nobody got time for that.  (I will though, just to see if it's good, but it really screams laziness when a company won't even print directions on their products.)




All Over Shadow Brush
All Over Shadow Brush:  This is an eyeshadow brush from Elizabeth Mott.  I love receiving makeup brushes and this is no exception.  It's very soft and picks up shadow easily.  The only con I can think of is how dirty it gets very easily, but can be remedied by simple washing.




Eyeshadow
Eyeshadow in 'Ethereal':  sheer shimmery pale pink shadow from Pacifica.  Now I've gotten quite a few Pacifica eyeshadows in my Ipsy bags in the past and they've always sucked.  I decided to give this one a shot because it's similar to my blog name.  Surprise surprise, another disappointment.  It was very sheer and hard to build up; it fades quickly as well.  I'll be throwing this one in the donate pile.




Liquid Eyeliner
Liquid Eyeliner in 'Jet':  jet black eyeliner from Coastal Scents.  I was very wary of using this because I hate felt eyeliner tips, I like using brush eyeliner tips way more.  However, the quality of this eyeliner was really good.  I found the color to be very pigmented and the liner itself seems to be water resistant.  The felt tip wasn't as hard to use as I expected either, and I somehow didn't mess up my eyeliner application.

Daylight:  Ethereal shadow and Jet eyeliner

I don't think I really liked this bag at all.  Ipsy keeps giving me Pacifica shadows and I really hate them.  I think that brand does other products well, but their eyeshadow formula is a dud.  I don't know why Ipsy keeps promoting them.  I did really like the Coastal Scents eyeliner though, and I can never have enough black liners.  The Elizabeth Mott eyeshadow brush has also already found its way into my every day eye brush stash.  Like I said earlier, I'm 50-50 on this bag, and we'll see how I like the exfoliating mask (whenever I actually feel like looking up the instructions).

- Jolie ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment