Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Scaredy Cat Cosmetics - Green Eyeshadow Swatches and Review


Welcome back, everyone!  I hope you're all enjoying the holiday season and Christmas shopping :)  For the past several weeks, I've been receiving my Black Friday orders and Scaredy Cat was the first one to come in.  I've actually reviewed them in the past and really liked them, so I figured I might as well pick up some full-sized jars since they were having a sale.

Coincidentally, all the colors I picked up ended up being some form of green, which is great because green eyeshadows are my favorite!  I usually buy sample sizes from companies, but Scaredy Cat's packaging is so beautiful that I really needed a full size.  The owner designs her own label art for each color and I've been lemming after Draconia for the longest time - I only resisted for so long because it's a color I don't normally wear.  I made my order on the day of Black Friday and it shipped out the day after.  I'm pretty sure I received my package by the next Tuesday, which is lightning fast.

Scaredy Cat doesn't really personalize their invoices, which is what I'm used to, or give any free samples with orders.  So if that's one of the things that matter to you, then I suggest you skip this shop.  However, the quality of shadows are great and the packaging is very beautiful (so beautiful in fact, I had to take multiple shots of each jar...)

Onto the swatches!

Pictures taken under daylight bulb and swatched over ELF Glitter Primer (top half) and ELF Essential Primer (bottom half)


Orbital
Orbital:  matte gray with teal shimmers.  This is an interesting color because it darkens over a sticky base and the teal shimmers are brought out, making it seem like a different color.  It's still relatively pigmented over a regular primer, just no shimmers.




Draconia
Draconia:  shimmery seafoam green.  Did you see the beautiful artwork?  I love dragons, so I've been lusting after this jar for a long, long time.  Unfortunately, light greens are something I rarely ever reach for, so I'll have to play around with this.  Nonetheless, I'm so happy I finally bit the bullet and got this.




Caledonia
Caledonia:  beautiful forest green.  This is one of my favorites of the bunch because it's the kind of green I like.  Even though I have dozens of colors like this in my collection, I can never stop myself from buying more.  However, I recommend using a sticky base with this one because it didn't show up much over regular primer.




Hera
Hera:  beautiful metallic moss.  The description might sound a bit gross, but the color is better than it sounds, I swear.  It's a very brown based green, and wears extremely well.  This is another one I got partially because of the jar art.  I love the depiction of Hera and the inclusion of a peacock, but ultimately, the color sealed the deal.  Like Caledonia, it also requires a sticky base for the color to stand out.  I wore this out over a sticky base for work one day and it lasted over 16 hours without creasing.

Daylight:  Orbital, Draconia, Caledonia, Hera
Flash:  Orbital, Draconia, Caledonia, Hera

Bonus FoTD!
This is the look I did using Hera all over my lid and Limnit Lipstick 'Abracadabra' (which I will be doing a review on soon).  I really love how dark and sultry Hera was on the lids and it definitely looks more green in person.

If you haven't tried Scaredy Cat Cosmetics yet, I really recommend it.  They make wonderful neutrals as well and their Rose Gold eyeshadow is one of my favorites.  If you don't want to take the plunge into full sized jars, they offer extremely generous Trial Vials as well.

I wish you all happy and safe shopping for now!  Hopefully I will get another post up before Christmas :)

- Jolie ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment