Friday, October 24, 2014

Notoriously Morbid Winchester Gospels, Slay Me Wave 3, Lip Tints - Swatches and Review


Welcome back, everyone!  As you can tell, I hauled pretty hard during my last Notoriously Morbid haul (there are a billion more baggies behind the two you see in the front).  It was also during a Free Day Friday, where you get one free mini shadow with every $10 you spend.  Since I have almost all of the shadows that have been released, I decided to give the shadows to my best friend.  I spent over $30, which means I got three free shadows; I won't name them here because she still hasn't picked them up yet and I want them to be a surprise :)

Additionally, that day was also when the highly anticipated Winchester Gospels, Wave 3 of the Slay Me collection, and Lip Tints were released.  I was so excited for the Winchester Gospels because I'm a fan of Supernatural and found out she had a color inspired by my favorite character, Cass!  She also brought back the Ripper's Rouge blushes for Crypt members only, so I snagged up a mini jar of Annie's Agony, the only blush I was missing.  The Lip Tints are tinted versions of her famous Coffin Kissers and I'm a lip product junkie, so I bought those too.  As you can see, self control was not practiced that day.


How cute is this candy corn packaging?!



Sweet note as usual :)


I forgot to mention that Carrie sneaked some peeks onto the Crypt of this cute little button.  This was included in some random orders and I'm extremely happy that I was one of them!  I'm still wondering where to put it, but I'll surely treasure it forever.

Pictures taken under daylight bulb and swatched over ELF Essential Primer (click to enlarge)


Evil Eye - Little Too Evil
Evil Eye - Little Too Evil:  pink with green duochrome.  Yay for the return of Morbid Mistakes!  I enjoyed the last one so much (like I said, Carrie, if you still have any of those left, I'd gladly buy them off you!).  It's worth noting that the Morbid Mistakes aren't the same size as normal samples.  They have noticeably less product inside and that may be because full batches weren't made once the mistake was realized.  I'm still very happy to receive it though, since I love all things NM.




Annie's Agony
Annie's Agony:  pink with gold sheen.  This was a very popular blush when it was still on the site.  It blends out very easily and gives a beautiful glow.  I'm glad they were released again because I regretted not picking it up when it was discontinued.

Daylight:  Evil Eye - Little Too Evil, Annie's Agony, Annie's Agony blended
Flash:  Evil Eye - Little Too Evil, Annie's Agony, Annie's Agony blended



Winchester Gospels

Wayward Son
Wayward Son:  sky blue with rainbow sparkles.  This one has a very pretty glow and would be a nice inner corner highlight in a blue smoky eye.




Walking On Sunshine
Walking On Sunshine:  purple with blue duochrome.  The blue duochrome is a lot more apparent in person and very beautiful.  The blue shimmer in the baggie was extremely glowy and reflective.




The Gambler
The Gambler:  shimmery green silver with slight blue sheen.  This is a gorgeous color and inspired by my second favorite character, Bobby.  I used this today all over my lid and is still there 10 hours later.




Visions
Visions:  tangerine with gold green duochrome




Eye of the Tiger
Eye of the Tiger:  shimmery copper.  Sorry for the blurry picture, I didn't realize until I sat down and began editing.  




Hallelujah
Hallelujah:  tawny with slight blue sheen.  Yay, this is the color inspired by Cass!  The blue shimmers are a bit more apparent in person, so it does give a special kick to a neutral color.  I've used this all over the lid and it was very long lasting as well.




Sympathy for the Devil
Sympathy for the Devil:  gorgeous shimmery lavender with pink sheen and green sparkles.  This goes on lighter than it appears in the baggie.  It's inspired by Crowley and is a color I've had mixed feelings for depending on the season.  I love this color though, it's very beautiful and I can't wait to use it.

Daylight:  Wayward Son, Walking on Sunshine, The Gambler, Visions, Eye of the Tiger, Hallelujah, Sympathy for the Devil
Flash:  Wayward Son, Walking on Sunshine, The Gambler, Visions, Eye of the Tiger, Hallelujah, Sympathy for the Devil

Saving People Hunting Things
Saving People Hunting Things:  opaque dark purple with red shimmers, possible one coater



Slay Me Wave 3

So Goes My Nation
So Goes My Nation:  matte ivory




5 By 5
5 By 5:  matte burnt orange




I Wanna Do Girly Stuff
I Wanna Do Girly Stuff:  matte hot pink




I Call It Mr. Pointy
I Call It Mr. Pointy:  matte plum




Rayne Brings Ripper
Rayne Brings Ripper:  matte pine green.  This actually reminds me of Douglas Firs from the Lost in the Lodge collection.




Lost in LA
Lost in LA:  matte blue gray

Daylight:  So Goes My Nation, 5 By 5, I Wanna Do Girly Stuff, I Call It Mr. Pointy, Rayne Brings Ripper, Lost in LA
Flash:  So Goes My Nation, 5 By 5, I Wanna Do Girly Stuff, I Call It Mr. Pointy, Rayne Brings Ripper, Lost in LA



Lip Tints

Glass Peaches
Glass Peaches:  light coral tint, peach candy scent




Glass Strawberries
Glass Strawberries:  slight pink tint, pink Starbursts scent




Glass Berries
Glass Berries:  light dark purple tint, grape blueberry scent.  The scent reminds me of the Coffin Kisser in Booberry's Cookies.

Daylight:  Glass Peaches, Glass Strawberries, Glass Berries
Flash:  Glass Peaches, Glass Strawberries, Glass Berries
Overall, I was very happy with my entire haul.  Like I said before, the Lip Tints have the same consistency as the Coffin Kissers.  The Coffin Kissers don't really do much for my lips, but I love their scents.  Carrie is some kind of scent wizard, so I can never resist buying the Kissers.  Lip Tints have the same kind of scent magic but are tinted as well, which is the perfect combination for me!  I love the Winchester Gospels as well and I had great pleasure admiring the swatches.  Regarding the Slay Me collection, I'm not a huge fan of mattes, but I really love how many bright colors are in it and I ended up really liking the three darker colors.  I know I've said it before, but you can't go wrong with Notoriously Morbid.  Their eye, face, and lip products are all top notch and worth looking into.

- Jolie ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment