Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Ipsy June 2014 - Pretty in Paradise


So it's almost officially summer and it's warming up a lot in NYC!  I'm so excited because we've had such a long winter and a very long period of rain.  Anywho, I got my June Ipsy bag last week and I really like it!  If you remember last month, I didn't like my bag at all.  Those sentiments were apparently shared with a good amount of Ipsy subscribers (seriously, water in a can?).  They definitely made up for that blah bag this month.  I found myself liking most of the products :)

The theme is Pretty in Paradise and we got this gorgeous Rebecca Minkoff designed bag!
Pictures are taken in daylight (click to enlarge)

Beach Spray
Marc Anthony Dream Waves Beach Spray:  This is the second beach spray I've gotten from Ipsy.  The first one was from last summer's bag and I believe it was from the company Sexy Hair.  It did not work out for me, but I'm excited to try this one!

DD Cream
DERMAdoctor DD Cream:  I've never tried any variations of BB creams before, so I was excited to receive this one.  It is tinted, so I hope it matches my skintone.  I swatched a tiny bit of it on my cheek and it seems like it matched well enough.



Lash Out Mascara
Be a Bombshell Lash Out Mascara:  I haven't tried this yet, but it's a full size tube!  How great is that?  I love trying out new mascaras and my old ones are starting to run out.  This couldn't have come at a better time :)



Butter Gloss
NYX Butter Gloss:  I got this in the color 'Eclaire'.  It's a full-size tube of classic pink lip gloss.  Now I can't tell you how excited I was to receive this.  I've heard so many raves about these Butter Glosses but never brought myself to buy one because I already have a lot of lip products.  I always had my eyes on 'Creme Brulee' as the perfect nude lip, but I love this one too!  This gloss is pigmented, non-sticky, and smells like cupcakes.  I really love this formula and Ipsy may have just convinced me to go out and purchase a few of these soon!



Shimmer Eyeliner
Nicka K New York Shimmer Eyeliner:  I got this shimmer liquid eyeliner in 'Green'.  Initially, I didn't think much of it at first glance, it's a beautiful color, but shimmer eyeliners tend to disappoint me as they don't go on pigmented.  I owned a few liquid shimmer eyeliners from ELF, but they ended up being glitter suspended on a clear base - not a good eyeliner at all.  As soon as I swatched this one, I was stunned.  You'll see from the swatches how pigmented it is.  I only did one swipe on my arm - not only is it super pigmented, but it's also smudge-proof!  I waited for it to dry, rubbed my arm, and it did not budge AT ALL.  Nicka K really impressed me with this liquid liner.  I may look into their line to replace my black liners!

Daylight:  Butter Gloss 'Eclaire', Shimmer Eyeliner 'Green'
Flash:  Butter Gloss 'Eclaire', Shimmer Eyeliner 'Green'

Look how stunning that green liner is!  I really cannot gush about it enough.  I really enjoyed this bag - it might be one of my favorites so far!  The Butter Gloss is definitely going to make its way into my purse and I know I'll be using the Shimmer Eyeliner soon too.  It's just too beautiful not to use!  As for the rest of the bag, I'll poke around and see how to actually use a DD Cream and try out the Beach Spray too.  I don't think I've been this excited to try out my Ipsy items :)

How did you like this month's bag?  Did you prefer last month's?

- Jolie ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment