Sunday, January 26, 2014

Weekend FOTD

I went to IKEA with my friends last weekend and decided to do a full-face makeup.  My skin's always been pretty nice so I didn't feel the need to use foundation.  However, I have bought a bottle of foundation from ELF to try out just in case I ever need to use it for special occasions.

These pictures are taken in daylight; the card I'm holding up is for white balance.



Face: 
ELF Acne Fighting Foundation (Buff)
ELF Tone Correcting Concealer (Light Beige)
ELF Clarifying Pressed Powder (Apricot Beige)
NYC Bronzer (Sunny)
ELF Blush & Bronzer Duo (Turks & Caicos)
Shiro Doge for highlighter




Eyes:
ELF 144 Eyeshadow Palette (Neutral) for brows
ELF Eyelid Primer
Wet n Wild eyeshadow (Brulee)
MSB (Fern) on lid
MSB (Navy) in crease
MSB (Wintergreen) inner corner
MSB (Black Orchid) for tightline and lower lashline
ELF Liquid Eyeliner (Black)
Jordana Best Lash Extreme Volumizing Mascara (Black)




Lips:
Jordana Easy Liner for Lips (Baby Berry)
Wet n Wild MegaLast lipstick (In the Flesh)
ELF Shimmer Lip Gloss (Believe)



I was so not used to having that much makeup on my face.  It felt very caked on and uncomfortable; I could NOT wait to get home and shower.  I do admit how nice my skin looked though, but it definitely was not a good trade-off.  

Overall, the ELF foundation had a very nice texture, it applied and blended very well.  The pressed powder also mattified my skin very well, but in hindsight, I should have used the translucent pressed powder instead.  I'll try to do more EOTD/FOTDs in the future since my blog is being riddled with reviews haha.  Until next time!

- Jolie ♥

2 comments:

  1. Your skin looks flawless! I love that lip colour too.

    http://mattekat.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It was the first time I actually used foundation; I always thought I didn't need it before but now I can actually see a difference. And I love that lip color as well, drugstores don't carry that color anymore so I had to buy it online :(

      Delete