Friday, January 31, 2014

Innocent + Twisted Alchemy January Subscription Box


Sorry for the SUPER late post!  I received my i+t January subscription awhile ago, but I was still backed up on other indie reviews to play with it.  I really enjoyed reading the letter that came with the order this time, it was cute, funny, and told us how she was inspired by the colors from the Naked 3.  That got me even more excited because I love the colors in that palette!

Aside from 3 completely new colors, she also included a sample from Victorian Disco Cosmetics, a blush from Dark Heart Designs, and a perfume sample from Black Violet.



Precious Flicker
Precious Flicker:  beautiful shimmery cream with pink sheen.  This shadow is stunning and went on smoothly and pigmented.  I'm not normally a fan of light colors, but my gosh, this is seriously AMAZING.



Rose Royalty
Rose Royalty:  shimmery rose gold.  This is a beautiful and true rose gold.  If you're a fan of that trend, I urge you to buy a FULL-size right now.  As usual, the texture was perfect and I will be enjoying this shade immensely.



Amaranthine
Amaranthine:  gorgeous dark purple with red shimmer.  I. Love. This.  Seriously, look at it; I'm glad my camera actually captured the red shimmer.  This is my favorite of the bunch and that says a LOT because I love all three shades with all my heart.



Undercity
Undercity:  semi-sheer dark blue with aqua sparkles.  This is a sample from Victorian Disco Cosmetics that I actually own.  I'll probably be potting this into the jar that holds my other Undercity sample.



Summertime Sadness
Summertime Sadness:  beautiful peachy-pink blush with gold shimmer.  This is a really generous blush sample from Dark Heart Designs.  I've been meaning to try them out and I'm glad I got a blush from them!  It seems similar to Nars' Orgasm blush (which I don't own so feel free to correct me).  Summertime Sadness is very pigmented and soft.

Momotaro:  peach perfume.  I don't have a picture of the perfume sample from Black Violet.  I've seen other boxes and they had different samples.  However, I LOVE this one - it has a very soft peach scent and it smells absolutely delicious but not overwhelming.  Thank you for including this!

Swatches - done over bare skin

Daylight:  Precious Flicker, Rose Royalty, Amaranthine, Undercity, Summertime Sadness

Flash:  Precious Flicker, Rose Royalty, Amaranthine, Undercity, Summertime Sadness

I actually unsubscribed to the boxes after receiving these because I was trying to budget and save money for an upcoming move.  However, as soon as I swatched these and fell in love, I promptly re-subscribed as soon as she put the link up again.  I could NOT imagine missing out on another potential great box.  February is Valentine's month, which should mean tons of beautiful reds (my kryptonite).  This box really made me enjoy and appreciate the awesomeness that is i+t shadows.  I have absolutely no regrets - except maybe not getting the full-sized subscription...  Seriously Linda, I cannot tell you how much I really, really loved this box; words just can't explain.  I can't wait to see what you have in store for February!

- Jolie ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment