Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Glamour Doll Eyes - First Impression and Swatches


This is my first time ordering from Glamour Doll Eyes; I believe they were having a Black Friday sale and I heard many good things about this indie company.  I perused their site and finally decided on ten sample jars.  My order came promptly and included a bunch of business cards and two samples.  One of the things that really impressed me was a card stating that if you purchased a sample and decided to buy a full-size jar, they will refund you the money from the sample.  That's the first time I've seen an indie company offer that and I thought it was really nice.

Each jar comes individually shrink-wrapped.

My ten jars and two free samples
Pictures taken under daylight bulb and swatches done over ELF Essential Primer (click to enlarge)

Heedless Heart
Heedless Heart: shimmery pink with gold sheen



Graves in May
Graves in May: light gray-purple



Feverish
Feverish: light brown base with red shimmers



Picture Whore
Picture Whore: light satin orchid



Just Bitten
Just Bitten: gorgeous shimmery magenta

Daylight:  Heedless Heart, Graves in May, Feverish, Picture Whore, Just Bitten
Flash:  Heedless Heart, Graves in May, Feverish, Picture Whore, Just Bitten

Lace Panties
Lace Panties: matte lavender with gold shimmers



Boyfriend Sweater
Boyfriend Sweater: brown with gray/silver sheen, similar to taupe but very brown



Bittersweet
Bittersweet: shimmery light tan



Premonition
Premonition: beautiful purple with red sheen



Celestial Crow
Celestial Crow: navy with blue and green glitters

Daylight:  Lace Panties, Boyfriend Sweater, Bittersweet, Premonition, Celestial Crow
Flash:  Lace Panties, Boyfriend Sweater, Bittersweet, Premonition, Celestial Crow


Mushroom
Mushroom: free sample, light shimmery taupe



Dusk
Dusk: free sample, shimmery dark blue

Daylight:  Mushroom, Dusk
Flash:  Mushroom, Dusk

I was pleasantly surprised by these shadows.  They were all soft and pigmented; I look forward to using these.  I really liked the free sample of Dusk that was given to me; it's a very beautiful dark blue that doesn't pull too black like some others.  I'm glad I got to try this company and I got an amazing deal on these shadows.

- Jolie ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment